High-Low Card Counting Strategy

Took a ride over to Wesley Tansey’s blog and checked out the blackjack simulator project there. Decided on adding card counting strategy High-Low. I used Standford Wong‘s book Professional Blackjack as a reference. Did not have great success with it, some tweaks need to be done on the betting strategies. Was only able to get a approx -4.10 to -3.07 return on 500,000 hands played. Either way, packing up the code here as a zip file that includes HighLowStrategy object or you can get the original code here.
Blackjack.zip


Building and Editing Linux Kernel in Eclipse for Android Rowboat

First off some references I used to complete this task. This was possibly the best so far
http://issaris.blogspot.com/2007/12/download-linux-kernel-sourcecode-from.html
Some other references also helped Ref1, Ref2, Ref3, Ref4
I had following file system layout when dealing with TI_DevKit V2.2


After you have everything imported per directions the next big step is getting the .config setup. Follow the directions on the android rowboat site for doing a first build of the linux kernel in commandline before trying to build from eclipse. This helps generate the .config file. Some additional settings needed was PATH and Build Command


/home/adam/BeagleBoard/rowboat-prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.0/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games


BeagleTouch on TI_Android_Froyo_DevKit-V2.2

Liquidware’s BeagleTouch provides a nice display device for BeagleBoard developer. They provide non android linux kernel source code to jump in right away to use it. BeagleTouch blog post by will on antipastohw. Here is some crude patches to get started with it on rowboat / TI DevKit. I have my patches located on google docs:

BeagleTouch.TI_Android_Froyo_DevKit-V2.2.config

BeagleTouch.TI_Android_Froyo_DevKit-V2.2.patch

Apply the patch accordingly and copy over the config into the kernel source tree.


One issue that was noticeable from a direct patch of code was the y-axis being inverted. I corrected it with a hard coded reference value for now.



This patch doesn’t help when offset loss happens in the touch screen. Looking info using tslib to capture better data settings and a linear formula for pointer calculations. Some good instructions for compiling tslib on android can be found on wenes1′s blog. A different direction to fix this issue would be to use Y_AXIS_MAX constant.

It was hard for me to find any direct documentation on how touch screen drivers should be designed and configured in Android. If you know of any please ping me.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.